We had a good vacation. The weather was cold up north. We came home to 80 degree weather!Our garden was doing well and the tomato and squash plants are getting big! We lost about 10 chickens because the hose busted and they couldn't get any water! It was a good thing we came home early! My daughter had fun hanging out with all her grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins. She really had a great time.
While away, I was able to finish my Sarah tank top. Pattern was a free download from Ravelry. I made it using about 3 (or 4?) skeins of Lion brand cotton ease in berry. I used a size 9 knitting needle. A wonderful person, ThatOtherRedHead, helped me tremendously with the resizing of the pattern. I had decided to switch yarn and start over but I forgot to re-check the gauge, so the top was turning out to be too big! I caught it about 1/3 through the top and made several decreases. I probably could of made the top slightly longer for a better fit. I'm really happy with the results.
I finished the lillian tank top today. (Pattern also found on Ravelry). I started this a while back but I put it on hold because I couldn't get the lace to work out. I figure since I had done a lace top since I would able to do this one. No luck so instead of scratching the whole top, I decided to make it without the lace. It seems to take forever. It's done on a size 6 knitting needle using 2 skeins of Caron's Simply Soft in Red. I did about 3 to 4 rows of single crochet around the neck and arm area for the trim. (It seems like forever since I last crocheted)!!! I was worried that it may look strange but it actually came out fine! The top is a bit tight, I think it's because I've gained some weight from over indulging during my vacation! It's a cute top and I may try again in the future, if I can get the lace to work!
Here are my two newest top: Sarah Top and Lillian Tank Top