I've been tagged again! Thank you Gina. I was tagged before by a very nice person the first time but I decided not to participate. I really don't like the ideal of having to tag 1o other people! With dial up, my computer's been running super slooooooow! So, I'm going to do what I feel comfortable with and that is list 10 things you didn't know about me and I'll let other people link to me, if they choose! Here we go:
1. I'm an introvert. I'm very quiet and shy.
2. I've lived in Las Vegas for over a year and I realized that "home" is really where you make it. With all the glitz and glamour there, I still wasn't happy. I found that happiness comes from within not out.
3. Birth of my daughter really changed me. I have not had a drink since I was pregnant with her.
4. While I was a police officer, I did several presidential detail where I protected Bill Clinton. I also met Hilliary. She went out of her way to say hi to me while I was working her protection detail. It gave me a lot of respect for her that she took the time to say hi w/o cameras around.
5. I'm also married to my high school sweetheart (like Gina).
6. I have to have some type of project (either crocheting or knitting) going on or I feel lost! I love to work with my hands now.
7. Okay, I'm running out of things...I'll have to think real hard! My grandparents basically raised me because my parents worked the evening shift.
8. My favorite flower is gardenia. I LOOOVE them.
9. I'm a super fast typist!
10. Okay, I'm digging deep, can't think of much else! Finally, I have to work hard on staying positive!
Okay, feel free to link yourself to my blog so I don't have to tag anyone!
Now on to my latest projects! I finished another elegant shell in a dark blue. It's made in a sports weight which makes it much more appropriate for the spring/summer time. (Check out my photo on ravelry). I've also been on a swimwear kick. I tend to go a particular theme (summer wear/tanks, children's wear) now it's swimwear. I've been searching for easy patterns. I found one which I made in knit (check out my photo on ravelry). It's really cute and I like that it was with a bulky yarn. I then wanted to make one in crochet. Crocheting one is so much faster and easier than knitting. The 1st one I made was the one in pink/green/blue. I finished my 2nd crocheted bikini early this morning. The red and black trim bikini took about 4-5 hours to complete. Talk about instant gratification!
The pattern from the crochet bikini is here:
I'm having so much fun making these, I'll probably start on my next one tonight!