I'm happy to say my knitted talia vest is complete. I took part in a KAL with the Sweaterbabe Group on Ravery. I had originally bought 3 skeins of Lamb's Pride, Brown Sheep for this vest. The color was called brown bear but I didn't really like the shade of brown. I ended up using 3 skeins of Lion Brand Wool in Winter White from my stash. I bought an extra skein just in case but it took exactly 3 skeins to make the size small. This was done all with a size 9 needle.
I have to say that this is the most difficult knitting project I've done so far. There was a lot of lace and I really, really had to pay close attention to the directions. This project was the most difficult knit project for me. I had to pay really close attention. I had trouble with some of the directions, my wrong side/right side wasn't matching up so it kind of confused me. (Thanks to some fellow ravelers they helped me to get back on the right track). The neck shaping also gave me some problems so I finally decided to leave the pattern out all together but I think it turned out fine. Once I decided to do that, the project went much smoother for me and I was actually enjoying this, without stress! I might add that for the sleeve bind off, I used the yarn over bind off to get a loose fit. It was too tight otherwise. This was also the first time also I picked up stitches (around the sleeves and neck). It didn't turned out to be too difficult. I ended up blocking this vest twice to ensure a good fit.
Overall, I'm happy with this vest. I'm excited that I was able to complete this project. I will probably knit another talia vest in the near future! :)
Here's another photo with me wearing a dark shirt to show the finer details of this vest: