Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Favorite FO



This has got to be my favorite project by far. I finished the Coquette tub top from the book Fitted Knits. I used 3 skeins of TLC cotton~plus w/ knitting needles in sizes 5 and 7. I took my time on knitting this because I wanted the stitches to all be even. I was a bit nervous about the fit after reading other knitter's comments. I made this in the xs and hoped that it would not be too big! I used the sewing bind off for this top to get a very loose edging on the bottom. I'm very excited to say it's a good fit. It's still missing some ribbons or an icord for the top but that'll come later. I could not contain my excitement, so here's a photo of top!


And here's a close~up of the lace:



I have so many projects that I want to do. Wouldn't you know it, after posting my photo on Ravelry, I stumbled upon another top that I just love. It's called the Celia Cruz strapless top. It's similar to this top I just made. I had to order it immediately! It's downloaded and now I just have find the perfect yarn to start on that project! I hope to be done with that before the first of July so I can start my KAL on the talia top!

3 comments:

crochetgurl said...

nice top, it looks beautiful! can't wait to see your work with the celia cruz top too!

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Hi Crochetgurl!
My celia cruz is on hold. Can't seem to get it off the ground. I got stuck on row 1 and then row 2 of the daisy stitch pattern. Thinking of maybe taking some knitting lessons and then restarting it at another time :(

Gina said...

Wow...I thin this is my favorite FO too! The color looks so good on you! Hope all is going well!