I am crocheting again! My crochet has been kind of put on hold while I've been doing a lot more knitting. My shell top done! This is originally a dress pattern but I made modifications. (The baby doll dress from Interweave Magazine is on hold until I can buy the yarn I need). Here's the original pattern for this dress:
The pattern is from 1970. I had intended to make the large size but even with the large, the neck line was too small. It didn't help that I did not check the gauge. Oh well, I figure I'd just wing it from there on. I made some increases along the way, under the arm area. Then I realized that I was not going to have enough yarn to make it into a dress. Just as well, because I don't think I'd wear it as a dress. I had to decide how long I wanted to make the top so I stopped just around my hips. I wanted to add straps and I did sc around the arm area. I'm so excited how this turned out. I added ribbon around the waist area to give it some shaping. I'm so thrilled how this turned out. I really had no idea what exactly I was going to do with this. It almost ended up in the frog pile! I used 2 skeins of Caron simply soft heather in a deep teal color. This was all crocheted using a I hook. A very very simple crochet, done mostly in 2dc and 2sc shells. I did a 8 dc picot instead of the recommended 9 dc for the bottom edging.
Here's a photo: