Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Almost Back to Normal

August was such a busy month. We took 2 vacations. We were away for a total of 20 days! We returned from our 2nd vacation this Sunday. The vacation was fun. It had been over 5 years since we've been to Las Vegas, my daughter's first - and her first time on the plane! The 10 days went very quickly! We ate at all our favorite restaurants, some were as good as we remembered and others not. We stopped by Chinatown several times to buy my favorite drink, boba milk tea. While there, I purchased a gold necklace with a jade and gold dragon pendant.


We didn't spend much time on the strip. We took our daughter to Circus Circus once so she could see the jugglers and play some games and go on rides. Other than that, we took our daughter mostly to the park to play in the water sprinklers. It was a very family oriented vacation even though we were in Las Vegas!

I didn't get as much knitting done as I thought I would. I did finish the body on the Maple Street Cardigan. I am currently working on the 1st sleeve. However, I did learn some new stuff on another craft ~sewing! My brother-in-law's sister's mother (there's got to be a better way to say that), taught me some tricks in sewing. She help me sew up a top and skirt. (I did do a little of the sewing but because we were pressed for time, she did most of the sewing for me)! We went shopping for fabrics and pattern which was a lot of fun. She helped me to sew and I helped her with knitting. It was a good combination!


Here are some pics of my projects:


top:



















skirt:





















Maple Street Cardigan:









I was so inspired by Crochetgurl's ishbel http://crochetgurl.blogspot.com/ that I decided to make one too! I have been wanting to make a shawl for my mom (or me?) but up until now, I have not found a pattern I liked. So between working on my online class (which I started yesterday) and trying to finish up on my Maple Street Cardigan, I'll be working on my ishbel too!


Ishbel (what I have so far...):




3 comments:

Trina said...

Your new outfit looks amazing!! Good work! Do you have a sewing machine at home you can keep working on?
Ishbel looks like a great pattern, i'd love to try it one day too :)

crochetgurl said...

Wow, I didn't know Las Vegas has a Chinatown. I went there for the first time in June for 3 days, but I was kinda disappointed because we only stayed on the strip. I'm not into gambling, but I went with my friend.

I'm glad I inspired you to make a shawl. :-) Are you making the small or large Ishbel?

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Trina: Thanks! I have a very very old sewing machine at home that my MIL gave me. I may end up buying a newer one because it will be easier to use.

crochetgurl: LV has a really nice Chinatown, not too far from the strip! There's a lot of places to see and eat off the strip. (I love red rock park).

I'm making the small. I made an error while picking up the stitches but I think it will still look ok. Any pointers for the lace part of the shawl?