Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vine and Leaf Hat

When I saw the fall issue of VogueKnitting, I had to buy it. I love the beret the model was wearing on the cover. The pattern is called the vine and leaf beret by Angela Hahn. It's knitted on a size 3, 16" circular needle. (I have not used a size 3 needle for a project before). The pattern wasn't all that difficult since most of it was following a chart. I did make a few slight modifications, but overall the hat turned out just like the picture. It was a bit big so I washed it and put it in the dryer. It seems to be a better fit now.




I think I'm done with my hat phase for a while so I've been searching for a new project to start. I really wanted to make the vine yoke cardigan by Ysolda Teague but I'm a bit intimidated by the pattern. For some reason, I'm worried that it may be too difficult for me and that it was beyond my current knitting level. After some thought, I decided to try to Ophelia again. I actually attempted to make the Ophelia prior to knitting the beret but I ended frogging the rows I had completed. The pattern seems very straight forward and easy to follow so far. I only have 3 skeins of the cascade 220 so I'm making the small. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will fit, if not I'll be making some modifications by adding a button band!



Here's a few photos of my hat:



3 comments:

Trina said...

Very pretty, I love the colour!

crochetgurl said...

Your hat is gorgeous. I'm feeling the need to knit a lacy beret soon. It always seems like every year around the holidays I feel the urge to knit a hat since it's the only time it's cold enough to wear one here. :-D

Jaedyn said...

That is so cute! I love the color. :-)

I linked this up in my Creative Mamas Monday blog hop!

http://kindredspiritreviews.blogspot.com/2009/10/crochet-pumpkin-beanie-patterns.html