Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Wardrobe



In keeping with the spring theme, I crocheted another elegant shell. This was made using the "I Love This Yarn" in coffee. I used 2 skeins with a size H hook. Very fast, a total of 3 days but could of finished it in 2 - left off a row so it messed me up on doing the arm part. Spent an evening and some of the morning trying to figure out what I did wrong. Another lesson re-learned, do not try to do crochet project while I'm tired and frustrated! (Unless I'm doing straight mindless crochet w/o shaping)! I took a short nap and then figured out I left off a row and got the pattern to work. Back on the right track... I loved the yarn I used. So soft and sooo inexpensive.




I made the long trek with my daughter to Hobby Lobby on Saturday. It was about 1 1/2 each way. I finally bought some I love this yarn (in coffee , 2 skeins of RH in peach and 3 skeins of sinfonia). I was looking for cotton yarn for my next project. I must say that I was really happy with the I Love This Yarn. The consistency of the yarn was great and it's so soft. Not to mention the price. I was very impressed with this yarn. I may go back again this weekend or next to buy some more. I liked the color selection too.




I'm still putting off my orchid top. I'm going to make yet another Oh so easy, beginner's tank! This time I may try it in a cotton yarn from my stash. I'm a bit nervous since someone else is trying out my pattern. I hope there's not a lot of mistakes in my pattern!




I'm taking my 2 year old daughter on an easter egg hunt on Friday! Her very first, I'm so excited! (I wish my husband could be there but he's working) . It's at the lockerly arhboreum. It's a beautiful place and I'm sure there will be lots of flowers in bloom. The egg/toy? hunt is for children ages 2 to 4, which is just perfect for her. I can't wait to see my daughter hunt for easter eggs! I'll post all about my adventure next time! Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.