I finished my vest for the Ravelympics over a week ago. The pattern is from the magazine Creative Knitting Fall issue. It was an interesting pattern. I made this using a size 9 knitting needles and 4-5 skeins of the Paton SWS yarn. It took a little over a week to complete. Honestly, the vest is cute but I don't think I would ever wear it. It's too "busy" for me. It was fun to knit.
The Summer (Fall?) Eyelet top is from the spring issue of Knit n'Style Magazine. I have been eyeing this top for a while. I'm glad I finally got around to making it. It was such a FUN pattern to knit. The lace pattern was easy but the arm and neck shaping was a bit of a challenge. I extended the length of the top by adding some rows of ribbing. (Idea borrowed from a Ravelry member). This was made using a size 9 knitting needle and 2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in purple. I love the color! The pattern called for some picot edging around the neckline but I opted to leave it out. I like the ribbing around the neckline. I also added a single row of crochet to the arm to prevent it from rolling. I took my time in completing this project because I didn't know if I wanted to make it into a vest. This is one of my favorite projects because it's such a cute top and an easy lace pattern!
Lately, I've been totally obsessed about the color green ~ the bright shade of green, that is. I have recently purchased about 7 skeins of the worsted shine in grass from Knit Picks but I'm on the look out for more green yarn! I have a few projects in mind but nothing definite. I'm not even sure if I would like the color on me! Green has always been one of my favorite colors...my car is a mint green color! Hopefully, when I finish with my Bella Curve skirt I will find a suitable project for my green yarn.
Hubby has been doing a lot of canning this year from the vegetables he's grown in the garden. I think it's rubbing off on me! I've been making muskadine jelly. I've never made them before. I searched the web for a recipe which I slightly modified. On my first attempt, the jelly did not thicken so I had to re-cook it. I added some lemon juice which I think helped. I was eager to try out the jelly, which I'm happy to report is delicious! The best part is that I made it!
Here's a few jar of them: