Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Friday, July 31, 2009

Lace Hem Topping Shell

I usually don't blog this much but July has been a busy month! I seem to be on a roll with finishing my fast and easy knit projects! Talk about instant gratification!



I started the Lace Hem Topping (Shell) after I finished my vesty. The pattern is from the July, 2008 issue of Creative Knitting. I was looking for another easy tank top project. I decided to go with some worsted weight yarn in my stash. (I have since added to my stash and I will probably use some of new new yarn for one of my upcoming projects!)



I wasn't really motivated on this project but after starting and finishing the little lace vest, I decided to finish this. (I hate to have too many unfinished projects!) I wanted to make lots of modifications, such as changing the neckline and adding sleeves. I did modify the neckline to add a bit of the lace pattern. I even attempted to pick up stitches to add some sleeves but it looked too bulky. In the end, I decided to just leave out the sleeves and keep it as a sleeve less shell. It will be good for layering in cold weather to come!



I ended up really liking this project. It was fun "attempting" to make modifications and best of all, it was such a fast and easy knit. I watched several movies while knitting this shell. Here are some movies I watched! El Torino with Clint Eastwood (good movie though it's not something I'd normally rent. It ended up being a good movie after the first 30 minutes). The Watchmen, didn't really like it and finally, (part of ) Pride and Prejudice. I love that movie!


Here's a photo of my shell:







6 comments:

2BSewing: said...

It's beautiful on you! Another great color! Fast & knit projects are great. Unfortunately, I don't have one right now. They are sloooow going. :)

Can't wait to see what's next on your needles. ;)

Trina said...

I love the modifications you made to this one :)
And Pride and Prejudice is a great movie to knit to, I watched the whole BBC version last night while making another pair of booties!!

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

looks great on you and is a lovely addition to your wardrobe! :)

crochetgurl said...

Another beautiful FO! I especially like the lace hem, but I can't make out the details. What type of stitch is it?

I'm currently looking for a lace pattern to do my hem for the Leaf Yoke Top in the Knit.1 magazine. Do you have any suggestions? :-)

P.S. I love Pride and Prejudice too! You should check out Sense and Sensibility with Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson. That one was pretty good too.

RobinsNest said...

I love your tank top pattern but I have some questons, can you email me privately?

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Hi Robin,
I wasn't able to PM you on your blog! Could you provide me an email address or PM me on Ravelry under Jasmom?
Thanks!