Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Friday, September 14, 2007

VS Skirt

FIRST OF ALL, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE WONDERFUL PERSON THAT HELPED ME WITH THIS SKIRT. WITHOUT YOU, THIS SKIRT WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!




I decided to finish this skirt at where I was at. I ran into the same problem as my blissful top. I'm not able to find the "perfect" match on the thread color. The last 5 balls of thread are all a different shade of the bridal white. I made some modifications to the skirt, as usual. (It seems like everything I do, there's a modification).



This is my first garment using a diagram. It was not super difficult but not having used one before, it took some getting use to. I made some errors, such as starting the rows...and following the diagram, especially when there are 2 stitches in 1. So as you can see, the pattern is different from all the other VS skirts but that's okay. It gave it a unique look that's mine. Enough about the errors but on to more positive things...



I used approx. 3 balls of the Aunt Lydia size 3 fashion thread with a F hook. With the F hook it's definately more of a lacy look to it. The waist was big so I did some tc across it to string a ribbon on it. (Great suggestion from my husband). I love the ribbon I used.



I will probably make this skirt again next summer. Next time I'll know how to do the pattern better. It was a good experience. Overall, I still have a skirt that I'm happy with.



As usual, here's a photo:






2 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

I love your skirt! It looks great on you!

adrienejameson said...

I just found the chart for this skirt, but I noticed that the crochet symbols are different from what I am used to seeing. How did you find out what these symbols mean? Is there a website that "translates" these symbols?

You did a beautiful job on this!