Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to Crochet


I'm still on a 1 or 2 skeins kick, easy projects...so I decided to crochet this "elegant shell". I saw this pattern before but I really didn't like it. Maybe it was the color? I really liked the ones on Ravelry so I though decided to crochet one. I used yarn that I had intended to use for another project. It took under 2 skeins of caron simply soft in a light blue. (H size hook). The pattern is free from the Lion Brand website.


This is a very easy and fast pattern. I was a bit unsure about the fit but with the finishing (2 rows of sc around the edges) it was a perfect fit! I LOVE this! This is something that I would actually wear a lot. I am thinking of making another one in a different yarn/color. I'm not sure yet. I may even alternate between knitting one project and then back to crocheting !

As a reward to myself, I stopped in a LYS today. (It's the 2nd time I've been there but the first time I just looked around). I bought myself some cascade yarn in a green color and some plymouth yarn in a purple variegated color. (I'm anxious to try out these yarns)! Enough to make 2 more shells.


Today was such a beautiful day, it was in the 70s! I probably could of worn my elegant shell out!
Now I'm going to take my daughter out to enjoy the great weather!


No comments: