Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Week and Shrug This #4

My mother in law was in town with us all week. It was great to have the company and someone to talk to. I really enjoyed her visit. She got a chance to bond with my daughter and we even worked on a knitting project together. I was trying to finish my shrug and she was starting on a shrug which she finished. It turned out beautifully, she used 2 skeins of homespun in blue. I wish I had taken a photo of it before she left. It was also nice to show her all my crocheting and (some) knitting projects. She was so positive about all the things I made. I think she liked the short n' sweet I made for her too.




I finally finished my "shrug this" yesturday. This is my 4th knitting project and again, I made the shrug (practice makes perfect). I used a pair of metal knitting needle this time in a size 11 instead of 10 1/2. I noticed with the metal needles, my stitches were not as tight. I used 2 skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn in Red. I really loved the way this turned out. After a light blocking, it was a much better fit than the other 3. I like the color too. My next knitting project will probably be a fitted tank top. I'm actually going to try a different project. (I still need to try out my harmony needles that I purchased)! For now, I think I am going back to crocheting. I actually started crocheting the elegant shell today. I'll proably be able to wear it when I'm done - today the weather was just beautiful!






1 comment:

Gina said...

Glad to see ya back. Love your work as usual.