Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Saturday, July 19, 2014

Training day: 10+ miles

Normally, on Saturdays, it is my long run day.  I try to increase my running mileage by one mile per week.  Last week I ran 9.5 miles so today, I ran about 10.5 miles.

I had originally planned on getting up super early and be finished by 8am.  When I woke up around 6, I could hear the rain.  I decided to sleep in a little longer.  By 8:00, I was ready to get up and get ready until my daughter said "I want pancakes"!  Just hearing her beautiful voice ask for it, how could I not make them for her?  After making them, I got ready for my run and I noticed it had started to rain again, a brief thought occur to me to skip my run but I was going anyways.  I won't be able to run next Saturday because hubby has a competition so I better do it today, stick to the plan!  When I arrived at the trails, I noticed very few cars.  Yes, it's later than usual, after 9:30 and rainy,  I saw a familiar face starting out.  The rain steadily fell and at times, poured but I was determined to finish my whole run.  First 3 miles were a bit tough.  I felt stiff and my Achilles was hurting a bit.  Mile 4 and 5 felt better.  I was getting into the rhythm.  Mile 5 was a good time to take my energy gel so I could keep my energy up for the later miles.  Around mile 6, it started to pour.  I thought about calling it good enough but I continued to run.  I finished the last mile at a decent enough pace and felt good I did it.  The rain even stopped!  I went back to take a picture of one of the puddles I ran through.

Unfortunately, no pace and exact mileage of today's run.  I must had hit the button to stop the running app during my run.

Once home, I soaked in the tub for a while before finally getting food to eat.

It was a good day, I am a Runner and I feel good. :)

Final note, I love this:  http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running


No comments: