Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Friday, August 22, 2014

Long Run on Treadmill: approx 100 minutes


My Achilles have been feeling better and I woke up with no pain.  Ok, pain in my quads from 50 minutes on the exercise bike yesterday.  It finally came in yesterday!!!!  Anyways, I was feeling good so I decided to do a longer run on the treadmill.  I rubbed in some absorbing jr, and taped my Achilles with KT tape and set out to do my run.  No incline on the treadmill and at a speed slightly slower than normal.  The first 3 miles went well and I walked for a minute after each mile.  At 3.5 miles, I was feeling good and I continue to feel good all the way to the end.  After 3.5 miles, I again decrease the speed (a little) and continue to run for approx a mile and walk a minute.  When the Achilles were feeling slightly tight, I'd run for 5 minutes and walk for 30 seconds before resuming my run.  Overall, I felt great and no real pain on my Achilles.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Before my Achilles got bad last time, I had a great run and paid for it the next day....so time will tell and I'm hoping I don't wake up with pain tomorrow!!!  Either way, I'm still going to take it easy and not over do it before the half marathon....  I just did not want to go a month running at a low mileage every week and worry about my endurance for the race.  Now having done 10 miles, I can feel good about it.

Yesterday, I decided that I was going to book the hotel room for another night.  Originally, I had planned on coming home after the race.  With check out at 11:00, it would not leave me little time to get back to the hotel for check out.  To eliminate the stress, I am staying another night.  This way, I can enjoy the race and post race activities and not have to worry about rushing back.  I will now have plenty of time to take a shower and ice down my Achilles and take a nap afterwards, if necessary! Perhaps a bit of sight seeing and maybe the after party that night.  We'll see!  I'm glad it's coming together.  I want to make this event as stress free as possible and really have a fun and rewarding experience.  2 weeks...yikes!  I can't wait:)


No comments: