Marathon 26.2



AUTISM AWARENESS















Friday, December 28, 2007

Adding to my yarn stash

While browsing through JoAnn's yesturday, I noticed one of my favorite yarn was on sale again! I love Lion Brand Wool-Ease. It was soft and easy to work with. It was free shipping so I had to spend $35. The hardest part was deciding on the colors. I ordered 7 skeins of it in burgandy and 7 skeins in a light pink. Now I still had to choose some other yarn, so I decided to buy 3 skeins of the Red Heart Symphony in blue. I have never used this yarn before so I thought why not. I just hope I can find a sweater pattern using only 3 skeins. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! :)

My current project is the side to side cowl neck sweater. I know, there's a common theme here. My last few projects all have a "cowl" neck. It wasn't planned this way. The ironic part is that I don't really like the cowl neck look on me and secondly, it doesn't get too cold here in Georgia for me to wear it. Today was probably in the 70s again! I had a turtle neck on and hubby had to turn on the a/c in the car! Back to project...it's coming slow. It's done in all hdc. I really love the look of the sweater on some of the people who made them on Ravelry. I didn't care for it when I first saw the pattern a while back on Lion Brand but maybe it was just the color. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress!

No comments: